[at-l] TJ Bitching

In a message dated 10/5/2005 7:45:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

Not a  member of ALDHA?   Why not?

###

1.  I'm too cheap  to pay dues.
2.  I have a problem with authority.
3.  I don't  really consider myself a long distance hiker.  I think of myself
as a  wandering bum.

1.  $7.00 a year = 0.2 per day (or there abouts) so that can't be  it.
2.  What authority?  The ATC is the org. with the  authority.
3.  Most in ALDHA are LDHs but a lot are wandering bums as well.

The Gathering in Hanover was a big success.  People got out of it what  they
wanted.  Some just hung out and socialized (in the rain and such) and  some
attended workshops and Presentations.

The best one that I attended and it made the trip worthwhile was a talk
about Black Bears.  I learned more than I ever knew about those  critters.  Smart?
 You bet!

I also got to meet some neat people from this list in person.

I also got to meet some very interesting people not on this list.

I also met some people from a religious community who were giving out
Toasted Cheese Sandwiches and Hot Tea on a morning when it was drizzling, cold  and
very uncomfortable.  I had slept in a Hammock the night before and was  I wet.
 Some places in NH got 11 inches of rain and I think almost that  much was in
my hammock.  I was floating.  The temp dropped into the  50s or high 40s and
it was rather uncomfortable.  Now if I got up in the  morning and went for a
hike the warmth would have returned from internal  combustion but I chose to
stand around and talk and the Hot stuff from the  Twelve Tribes organization
sure was welcome.

But attendance at the Gathering is not mandatory and I was merely  trying to
encourage people to attend when I gave my words.  Everyone will  live their
own life as they choose.

Missed ya at The Gathering.

Skylander