Song of the Homeowner, was [at-l] Knowing that it's there.. and atml

Please don't take offence, as I suspect you are up to speed and this is just a
rather-be-safe-than-sorry message.

However, another area that bites many a lifetime renter when (s)he becomes a
homeowner is home winterization, or rather the lack that of.

I have no idea what the winter is like in your neck of the wood.  Nor do I
know what sort of outside faucets, sprinklers/irrigation system, etc you have.
Ditto house construction and potential for exposure of pipes to outside
temperatures.  Ditto plants that need to be winterized.  But a freeze
unprepared for has cost many a new homeowner dearly.

Chainsaw

BTW -- The etc above includes thing like hoses left out, birdbaths, watering
cans left out -- albeit the cost there is far less than the water damage from
a busted pipe.

BTW2 -- A hose left attached to a so called "freeze proof" faucet will keep it
from draining and could cause a busted pipe.