Song of the Homeowner, was [at-l] Knowing that it's there.. and atml

> In the meantime, I have a house to finish painting, a
> bathroom to tile and reassemble, sump pumps to rebuild, and a gaggle other
> odds and ends to wrap up - to say nothing of training for another thruhike.

Ain't that the truth!!
In the few short months I've been a homeowner, the outflow of capital
and time has been an astonishment to this lifetime renter.
Where's all this "equity" I'm supposed to be building? I don't get to
eat it unless I sell the thing. Meanwhile, "It" eats a'plenty. My
credit card gets to humming if I just pass near Lowes. There are weeds
sprouting up everywhere.
I haven't been hiking since last Thanksgiving!

Not that I'm bitching - I think. Except about the not-hiking part.
I'll let you know about the other. Right now I wouldn't trade my new,
east-oriented, pinewoods-facing deck for much. I could let go of the
garage - if I could get it straightened out first.
;-)

Shoester of the Cottage '05

--
     	AT Journal: