[at-l] New AT speed record... today?!

Don't get me wrong, if I could financially afford to stay out there hiking
forever, I would.  As a matter of fact, that's what I intend on doing with my
meager social security check should I live so long.  Wont be the AT though, too
much BS.

Sly

Although my kids think otherwise (they want me to be Nana 24/7) I do plan to hike for a couple of years after retirement.  Just the AT.  Stop in Baltimore to see my parents.   I want to turn 65 the day I summit Katahdin in 2009. Then after I'm finished hiking the AT a couple times, I'd like to travel, probably with one family or the other, on vacations and then stay where ever we go and hike the area before riding a bus or train or flying back 'home' -- where ever that is.  I figure that with my two retirement checks and my Social (in)Security, I'll actually save money by being out on the trail.

I just need to find some dog sitters.
Coosa