[at-l] Cell phones VS Nature - An attempt to clarify - LONG

"I like the community too, when we are being a community, but lately the
pressure to adhere to a particular philosophy of thru-hiking is reminding
me of why I left ATML many moons ago."

Hmmm. I've noticed that also. A few of us have expressed some observations about how we have best  achieved that absence of civilization that so many dream of finding on eastern trails. To my surprise most seem to resent hearing anything that conflicts with their preconceived notions. Very strange for a forum that used to welcome a broad range of ideas and experiences.

Weary