[at-l] Cell phones VS Nature - An attempt to clarify - LONG

> No is certainly a useful option with kids, especially
> if used with some judicial restraint. But on a 30 day
> walk in the woods, my instincts say repeated nos
> probably would become more of a distraction to the
> wilderness than simply letting the phone call happen.

Perhaps.

My point remains, however, that a 9 year old would interfere far more in my feeling of disconnection from civilization than a deactivated cell phone in the bottom of my pack.  From experience, my daughter is far more distracting than even a radio.  The girl talks and talks, and asks more questions than a game show host.

Shane