[at-l] Hikin in the Heat

Chainsaw is right.  Asthma can be fatal and is nothing to fool around
with.  Bluetrail, did you get a check up after you got back?  Sometimes
those symptoms can also be cardiac.  So often, the symptoms that woman
display, are very different than the ones man do. Many docs will not
take women so seriously as their symptoms are usually much milder.

I am still having asthma symptoms but improving.  I never had the
slightest problem with asthma until about ten years ago and it wasn't
any big problem until now.  It is just so frustrating being out here and
being unable to hike.  I find that the altitude is a problem but, when I
stay at a level for a while, my body seems to adjust to that.  I cannot
seem to adjust to th dryness and extreme heat no matter how long I am in
a location.  Now the biggest problem is fits of coughing and being
unable to get my breath, especially when I exert myself at all.  I sound
like someone who is a heavy smoke and I have never had a cigarette in my
life!

I cannot believe how many people I meet here with respiratory problems.
It seems to be very common for folks to take all kinds of meds for
respiratory illness etc.  California seems to have excellent medical
plans compared to other places, which is a good thing!

Hugs, Hummingbird