[at-l] Hennesy hammock, G4/ Mariposa pack on a thru questions

In a message dated 6/21/2005 1:38:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

The  Clark is pricey. I got $100 off for being an early tester. It was still
$150. I see they are now $270. If I were to buy another hammock today I
would go with one of Ed Speer's hammocks or a Hennessy. It wouldn't be  much
of a trick to add pockets to the underside of Ed's design and I'd  make at
least one of heavy mesh material for stowing boots/camp shoes.  That way the
sand/dirt would fall through the mesh instead of accumulating  in a solid
fabric and, in the case of my hammock, waterproof pocket. Yes,  they made
the pockets from rubberized material too. :-P Another way of  dealing with
boots is to tie the laces together and hang them from a  'biner at either
end of the hammock. It gets them off the ground and under  your hammock/fly
but any crud on the boots doesn't end up inside with  you.

Yeah, I paid a lot for the Deluxe Model but I had it and it was worth  it.
Your suggestions are certainly an improvement in design.  I  especially like
the Mesh Pocket idea and the laced boots on a Carabiner is  another good idea.

Ed Speer has that Pea Pod arrangement for cold nights and the under part of
the PP could hold "stuff" (boots, clothing, etc.) or other insulating material
 such as leaves.

Skylander