[at-l] Efficient Cars WAS PBS

It's my opinion that the most energy efficient thing you can do is to
maintain and drive your existing car as long as possible, vs, trading up to
a new energy efficient vehicle. To trade in a gas hog (not that yours is)
with only 130,000 miles on it for an energy efficient vehicle could result
in a NET SUM energy loss. What you'd save in gasoline might be offset by the
energy required to produce the new vehicle.
My 1997 Ford Taurus (whats the opposite of Green?) has 180,000 well
maintained miles on it and I fully expect it to go past 200,000.

Onestep