[at-l] Efficient Cars WAS PBS

--- Steve Landis <s.landis@comcast.net> wrote:

> Carol Donaldson wrote:
> > Two great ways each of us can lower our energy footprint right now
> > without additional investment is to keep our tires checked and
> > properly inflated weekly and to obey the speed limits. Aerodynamical
> > drag increases exponentially with excessive speed.  We can all
> > conserve right now.  - Solar Bear
> >
> > AND keep your car washed.  My Dad says that a clean car has better gas
> mileage.
>
> A/C on or off? Windows open? Do I need to shave my arms and legs to
> reduce drag when I have the windows open?

Only if you don't use an electric razor.  Wash the car at night and at high
tide when the cost of pumping the water will be lower. Use recycled towels and
save the rinse water for reuse.

I wonder if the Chinese appreciate how much we're willing to do to keep their
oil prices down.

JestBill  Ga--->Me '03

Discover Yahoo!