[at-l] Indoor wildlife surprise

But my friend's encounter was about an hour and a half NW of mine and on the same day, so it couldn't have been a united effort of some kind.  We decided that there was definitely something about the season or the weather that day that made them restless, though.  anklebear
as you said your friend had the same thing happen i would sooner ask the question is there a turkey with a screw loose that enjoys divebombing cars for fun... maybe its a couple of young turkeys daring each other to do stupid and dangerous activities as young turkeys often do... peer pressure is never pretty

Leslie Booher <lbooher@pure.net> wrote:
  Anybody else have an interesting encounter with wildlife this weekend?

  It wasn't this week-end, but about 10 days ago I was driving to Durham, and a turkey startled up from the side of the road right across my windshield. A friend was with me, and neither of us thought it would get enough momentum and altitude to make it over and miss the antenna, too, but it did. That certainly did wake us up. The same thing happened to another friend the same day as she was driving towards Roanoke.

  My question: do turkeys migrate? If so, how do they do it? Surely, they can't fly very far, given their proportions.

  anklebear