[at-l] Re: PBS was THE ATC & Membership therein - a bit longish

          The problem with the AT vs Burns is that he depends so extensively on archival photographs and footage.

          I'm not sure the archive exists to satisfy a Burns venture...

When you're covering something like the Civil War that doesn't exist (in the same way <G>) anymore, you have to use archival photos.  We're a living, breathing entity, so perhaps he could use current material.

What bugs me about documentaries is that they will use a statue and film while circumnavigating it.  Dizzy!  And that still doesn't make it move.  We lived for several years in Vicksburg, MS, Civil War town par excellence.  Our oldest daughter asked me once, "Why do tourists video-tape a statue?"  Excellent question.

anklebear