[at-l] Re: PBS was THE ATC & Membership therein - a bit longish

"Why do tourists video-tape a statue?"

Because they're not doing documentaries about the park, they're doing
documentaries of their trip.  That's what they see, so that's what they record.

Ever notice that you can tell when a picture was taken of the family by which
car they're lined up against?  They are capturing clues to memories.

Hikers take pictures of odd trees, rocks and mushrooms.  They don't actually
care about those mushrooms, they care about the memories attached to them.

Why else would there be not only memories of which stile is Southernmost on the
Trail, but pictures galore of it?