[at-l] Answer to the cell phone debate? :)

Germany holds mobile-throwing championship

BIELEFELD - Germany is joining the humorous sport of
mobile-phone throwing, with its first national
championship set for 25 June in the western city of
Bielefeld, the organiser said on Thursday.

Disciplines include the furthest throw and the most
creative in the freestyle event. Winners will be
eligible for the sixth world championships at a
lakeside site in Finland in August, with Baltic ferry
operators sponsoring the transport.

Organiser Virpi Staar said she expected 160
competitors at the German event, which will use old
cellphones that do not work, supplied by an
electronics recycling company.

"Sometimes you get really mad at your mobile phone and
want to hurl it asfar as you can," she said. "This is
a chance to do it." The mobiles weigh between 200 and
400 grams.

"There are differing opinions about what brands and
weights are best for throwing," she said.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com