[at-l] gotta say it...

How do you know if your ancestors were here before any of mine arrived? I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that. I'd say most likely you are wrong. I have no idea what that comment was doing in there or what it has to do with the thread. I'd also like to know why you suddenly chose to bring New England into the thread. Is it because you did some research to find out that I'm from New England? For the record I have tons of jokes about New England.

New England joke...
An elderly man in New Hampshire is sitting in front of his house on a rocking chair. A car pulls up with Tennessee plates ( :P Tenacious). The woman driving asks, "Do y'all know how to get back to the interstate?"

"Uhhhhhh, nope," answers the man.

The woman asks, "Do y'all know how to get to a local information center?"

"Uhhhhhh, nope," answers the man.

The woman asks, "Do y'all know how where I can find a hotel nearby?"

"Uhhhhhh, nope," answers the man.

Irritated, the woman asks, "You don't know much of anything, do you?"

"I know I'm not lost," answers the man.

Ok, I know. To make it really believable, it should be a man driving as a woman wouldn't get lost, but then I couldn't tease the tenacious one. Although, a man would never stop and ask for directions.

Sadly, I couldnt find any "...New England if..." jokes. There were a few in that format, but they were more statements about politics than anything else. The only thing I can think of is if you've ever shoveled snow every day for more than a month straight, you might be from New England.

Now this is hilarious because the last time my parents were in England, the Brits were confused about why the Americans can make a joke out of every situation, be it a death or an auto accident with maimed bodies or some poor soul stuck in a well or a horse dangling from a bridge.  Even said we make a joke of suicides.

Americans have a FAIR sense of humor and not an UGLY one.  We poke fun at situations not at people, unless those people are rich and famous and can take the heat because they put themselves in the spotlight.  We don't go around callously making fun of stroke victims or treating people as if "Southern" were a deadly disease.

Well, maybe SOME people do go around treating "Southern" as if it were a deadly disease they didn't especially want to catch.  And treat Southerners as if we didn't come over from Western Europe but arrived from another planet hidden on the other side of the moon.   Some of my ancestors were here before any of yours arrived.

Does someone have a great "you might be from New England" joke?  Share.

You might be a redneck if, when you mow your grass, you find a perfectly good car.

3 years from now I will be settling into a camping spot on the Maryland AT.
Coosa