[at-l] Policing the trail...

In a message dated 5/20/2005 7:43:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AThiker@smithville.net writes:

I quite  honestly doubt that the guy who invented earplugs was thinking
about same  guy walking in the woods not wanting to hear a chainsaw
running.

In his conscious mind you are probably correct but in the great  subconscious
or perhaps the unconscious he invented the product for all to  utilize.  We
who use ear stoppers do not give a fig about why they were  invented but only
that they work.  When noise abounds so then ear plugs  will be used with
satisfaction.  Of course, everyone realizes that if there  is a fire in the shelter
those who use ear things will not be able to hear the  alarm sounded by the
horde that started it or found it ablaze.  But then  the user of the noise
stopper will get a good rest most of the time.  The  other problem with using ear
blockers is that when a Rattler rattles the sound  will not be heeded as a
warning and pain could ensue should one be bitten.   Oh, the choices we have and
the dilemmas that we encounter on the trail.   Who knew that freedom could be
so difficult?  Did you?