[at-l] Policing the trail...

In a message dated 5/20/2005 7:55:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AThiker@smithville.net writes:

Yeah,  but the 'look and feel' of the wilderness is about all we have
left. When  that is gone...then what?

Yeah!  Why clear the trail at all?  Hike over and under the  obstacles.  Walk
around them.  Heck, why not bushwhack the whole AT  and feel really woodsy.
Perhaps that will cut down on the crowds.   Hey, why not make the first 500
feet off each gap/road/entrance a bushwhack  zone?  Then the partygoers will not
venture onto the trail and take up room  in the shelter that is nearby.  I am
sure that this list can think of many  ideas to keep the crowds down.  How
about it?