[at-l] Cell Phones, yet again - the 'rules'

> As a wise poster has pointed out:

> ".... cell phones are an effective inroad by civilization into a place
> deliberately designed to keep civilization out. If you think your
experience of the
> Appalachian Trail doesn't change when you carry a cell phone you're wrong.

In place of the words *cell phone* you could insert any peice of gear and
the statement wouldn't change.  Any electronic gear, IMO, qualifies.  I can
(and have) made the very same argument against clothing.

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/naked/bodymind.htm

Everybody has to make their own decision about how much wilderness they can
stand.

Shane