[at-l] Sound off: one two; sound off: three, four

Oh great and learned ones:I found the following info on the 2004 Kennebec River AT Ferry Service Final Report on the RiversandTrails.com site.  I was surprised that according to them there were only 488 NOBOs and 163 SOBOs plus another 19 others who got across the river without their help.  This puts the maximum number of thrus at about 650 assuming everyone who crossed the Kennebec made it to the respective end.  Does that sound right?  I had gotten the impression that more people than that are thru-hiking in recent years?Kent Gardam
Rivers and Trails Northeast Inc. of The Forks, Maine, provided the ferry service across the Kennebec River on the Appalachian Trail for the year 2004. The total number of hikers ferried was 1,295. The regular seasonal schedule ran from May 21 through July 16, 9:00am to 11:00am; July 17 through September 30, 9:00am to 11:00am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm, and finally from October 1 through October 11, the hours were 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Rivers and Trails is most pleased to announce that for the seventeenth year as operator of the Kennebec River Ferry Service, there were no injuries or mishaps to any hikers crossing the river. Also, there were approximately 13 hikers who forded the river and 6 hikers who crossed by other means including rafts or private canoes that reached the other side safely. The actual ferry service season started on May 7 and ended on October 18, 2004. Listed below are the hiker summaries from the Kennebec River:

Month

Hikers

N-S

S-N