[at-l] "any watch will do..."

In a message dated 3/18/2005 2:38:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lbooher@pure.net writes:

> I found myself resetting it at each gap and crest, according to the
> altitude listed in the guide book.  The problem was that those things work off of
> barometric pressure, and I didn't know how to reset that.  After one trip on
> the trail with the altimeter, I returned it to REI.

I have the Suunto X-Lander, which is similar to the Vector.   On the CDT, if
the weather was stable, I didn't set it but every few days.  Checking it now,
after not setting it for months, it's only off 50 ft.

Listen up now, there are two ways of setting the altimeter and/or barometer.
One is to take a known altitude and set the altimeter and the other is to
take the known barometric pressure and set the barometer.  Each sets the other
respectively.

Sly