[at-l] Hiking related health question

Although I have already offered thanks to those who have responded to this
thread with advice I want to add a public 'Thank You' to OB for his on and
off-list counsel. I am following his advice as much because he has
experienced similar problems as because of his medical training. Thank you
again OB and I owe you one. Send me your mailing address and I'll send you
one of my matted photos, your choice <http://hiking.jimbullard.org>.

I have concluded that my problem with my doctor, like the problem I found
in the bureaucracy I used to work in, the same problem I have observed in
floundering relationships and even at times AT-L, is a communication
problem. Although we talk to each other, we don't always actually
communicate what we intend. In this instance a remark made by my doctor
("You aren't 16 anymore and I can't make you 16 again") coupled with what I
perceived to be a cursory examination and a lack of obvious progress in
abating the problem caused me to wonder if he had leapt to conclusions
based on stereotypes of "older people". Perhaps too I am more accurately
called an "impatient" than a "patient", but the treatment is now showing
definite signs of working and thanks to OB I know what to watch for that
might indicate a different diagnosis/treatment so all is copacetic for the
present. OTOH when my doctor and I meet again in a month, we need to talk.

Saunterering with only a slight limp today, Jim