[at-l] Conditions in Shenandoah?

Amy,

Reference your question, 2-14-05, ?Has anyone been in the Skyline Drive area
recently?  ...  I'm curious as to trail conditions ...?

I was in Shenandoah NP about a week ago.  Trails were frozen but mainly
clear of snow.  The weather for the park today was for light snow without
significant accumulation.

I think the park ?closes? around either four pm or five pm during the week.
I.e., there is no one there to charge you an entry fee.  There is no gate
closure, so you can hike about and drive out whenever you wish.  You can
also enter as of that time or later without cost.

It is not unusual to close the park to vehicles even with light snow
accumulation.  Budget cuts reduced money to maintain snow removal equipment.
  You can drive to the park entrance, park your car, and hike anywhere you
wish.

Enjoy your hike.

Steve