[at-l] Conditions in Shenandoah?

I was in SNP north of Rockfish Saturday 2/12/05 trying out a pack I had
trimmed this and that off to see how it rode with a 38lb winter load.  Didn't
overnight.  Saturday was windy and cold but not bitterly so.  Trail was good to a
little gushy.  Spring at Calf Mt. shelter is good.  Shelter and privy are good
(tho' trail register is gone)  Saw two backpackers heading south from
Blackrock Hut who said the trail was good and that the spring (at Blackrock) was
barely there.  There's supposed to be some precip this weekend that might be some
sort of wintry mix.

David Hahn