[at-l] Conditions in Shenandoah?

amy wrote:

> Has anyone been in the Skyline Drive area recently?  I tried calling
> the park today but was too late to get a human being.  The Drive is
> closed as of tonight, but the message didn't say since when or predict
> for how long.  I'm curious as to trail conditions as well.  It's
> supposed to get up into the 50's and 60's there this week so I hope I
> can get out there this weekend.
>
> thanks,
>
> amy

I was on Massanutten (the next mountain west from the blue ridge that
skyline drive is on) the 5th and 6th.  It was great hiking weather, and
I camped out overnight.  The valley trails were wet.  The ridge trails
were dry on the sunny side, but harbored snow on the shady side.  The
days were warm; only, the morning was a bit cold.  You should anticipate
an overnight freeze unless you hear different Friday.   But don't let
that discourage you.  I'll go back to Massanutten this weekend if it's
not raining.