[at-l] Dyslexia

At 08:19 AM 2/9/2005 -0600, Howard wrote:
>One side deals with peformance/task and has the lower IQ.  The other,
>smarter side, remembers what I used to be able to do and give the lesser
>side hell for being stupid--"You used to be able to do that!"  The lesser
>side is the one which handles the machanic of the hike and becomes
>discouraged easily.  The other side enjoys every moment of a hike--and
>observes it through a dyslexic "filter".  There is a 30 point difference
>in the two IQ's.
>
>Turtle
>
>Mark Hudson wrote:
>
>><<Both sides still like to hike, but one side enjoys it more>>
>>
>>Don't leave us in suspence! Which side enjoys hiking more? And how did your
>>view of hiking change?
>>
>>skeeter

Hell, I talk to myself inside my head like that and I have no brain damage,
at least none I am aware of. That's the internal voice I call "the
babbler". It's a kind of constant internal dialog. When I was running one
internal voice was always complaining about being tired, it is
cold/raining/snowing, missing *one* day wouldn't hurt, etc., etc., etc. The
other voice was saying 'you know you always feel better after a run. Get
out there and just do it'. That same conversation carries over into hiking
and even my photography. For some reason we all have the seeds of self
defeat in our own minds along side the roots of success but neither of
these is us. We are the chooser, the free will that decides which voice to
listen to, which voice to act upon.