[at-l] Sentimentality (not even remotely trail-related)

I'm moving my photo archiving system to a new server. It's taken me a couple
of weeks of battling the Unix Server of Death, but I'm about done. I just
went to shut down the old server for the last time, and I realized that I
feel strangely bad about it. Like I'm taking my dog in for his ultimate
visit to the vet. I realize that this is useless and foolish sentimentality,
but I guess I'm just a romantic at heart. The old server is a 1997 Mac G-3,
and it's been running flawlessly and without complaint for many years. There
are few people about whom I can say the same thing <grin>.

I know this isn't trail-related, but I thought someone out there would
understand. Ah, well, time to pull the plug....

Ken