[at-l] Winter Wonderland

It was definitely a spectacular day up here in the Whites!  We didn't
get the 18 inches that Gabby got just a little further south, but the
cross country skiing was just perfect this afternoon.  I wait for Rick
to get home from teaching school, and then we head out, which gives us
about an hour and a half to ski before it gets dark - which is just
about long enough for this beginner.  We took a "more difficult" trail
today - which was maybe almost too difficult for me, except that I
managed to ski most of it.  Had to take my skis off for one steep
uphill that I was just too worn out to tackle climbing with the skis
still on.

Rick wants me to tackle downhill as well.  Maybe I should come south
and let you teach me, Gabby.  It's been a long time since we've
tackled any mountains together!

suzie