[at-l] Cell Phones -- Perception...the finale

Clyde writes: "He sold his high priced northern home and bought in Florida
before the land boom. He is surrounded by folks that he has nothing in
common with. He has his little piece of destroyed environment and he has
seen the error of his ways and doesn't want anyone else to do what he did.
Take it easy on him. He is to be pitied not attacked. Cut him some slack.
He can't help it."

While I agree that he is to be pitied, I do not see a reason to cut him an
inch of slack.

He came into this community to lay waste on the camaraderie and creativity
it enjoyed. He waged a campaign of ultra-purism against the AT community,
while hiding behind a fig leaf of idolatry of Benton MacKaye. What he terms
as trail advocacy is little more than narcissistic blather about his
monomaniacal interpretations of an early AT proponent.

He has the unmitigated gall to accuse the occasional cell phone user of
trail destruction, while living on a barrier island and a destroyed
wetland. He has the hypocrisy to endorse arson by idiots, in the vain hope
that this would lead to environmental terrorism. I believe he found it
acceptable to repair own his hurricane damaged home, on that barrier island.

The AT community had something to offer him in common. His perception -
which becomes his reality - is that every single one of us are
environmental nazis who hate WF and would sooner defecate in a water source
than help to protect our trail.

If he genuinely can't help it, I'll be glad to offer him some referrals.

OrangeBug