[at-l] Does anybody have an URSACK for sale?

I didn't have that experience.  For me, it was the dumb hiker who learned as he
got older. "Loser" had a long laugh at my expense for not remembering all my
snack wrappers and having to be disciplined by Virginia mice.

I did hear about kamikaze mice who would jump from rafter to food bag hoping to
catch on and not fearing the fall. Others had no problem jumping from other
hung equipment onto food bags.

Could it be that the mice have an easier time of it if the string is worn and
the tin can is dirty??

Funny how it was so important to hang the food at a distance from the shelters
in the South but almost unheard of in the North.  Mebbe it was the people I
kept up with.

--- Bob C <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:

> >"...I have observed that the mice
> problems were greater at the very beginning of my hike and at the
> very end.  The last three shelters in Maine were troublesome for me
> with mice gnawing on my sleeping bag while I was in it to get at the
> down.  They must be preparing nests for the winter."
>
> Either mice in Maine are smarter than mice elsewhere or they become educated
> towards the end of a long season. But my only serious mouse problem was in
> Maine on my 1993 walk home from Georgia. The tuna can trick simply didn't
> work in Maine in late september, early October. The mice just ran down the
> string and in a flash got under the can to my food bag.

=====
Want to be respected?  Be respectable.
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03