[at-l] Long Trails

A question for all of you:
One of the things that continually returned to my thoughts as I was hiking
last year was if anyone had ever compiled a list of all the "long" trails in the
world.  I suppose "long" varies depending on who's talking, but it seems like
someone, Backpacker, ALDHA, someone should have a database of long trails.  I
spent some time poking around the internet looking for some kind of list
after I got back, but couldn't find anything.  I suppose it's just the OCD part of
myself that would love to do all the "long" trails *in order* of some kind.
:)  But mainly I'd just like to have a list.

I know they're building the longest ever foot trail in Canada right now,
because they're advertising for funding on normal Canadian TV that we get up here
(How cool is that, anyway?  Canada rocks.  Can you imagine national
advertising for trail funding in the US?  And they're working towards legalizing
marijuana and outlawing transfats.).  Then there's the Sea-to-Sea Trail, the American
Discovery Trail, the Great Divide Trail, the Mountain-to-Sea Trail, the
Hayduke Trail, the Long Trail, the fourteen European trails, and isn't there a long
trail that goes the length of South America?  And of course the Triple Crown.
 I suppose everything would need to be defined, like how long a trail needs
to be to be included (say 300 miles?), and I wouldn't really care if they've be
en completed the whole way or are a theoretical compilation of existing trails
and dirt roads--I mean, trails need to be publicized before anyone will walk
them before they get enough funding to turn into "real" trails.

Anyway.  Just thought I'd see if anyone else shares the same yen for lists
that I have.

Marzipan
AT04