[at-l] Your opinions?

I'M A terrible person to give investment advice. The only things I have ever invested in -- a house and a couple of woodlots -- was because of emotional attachments -- which incidentally all worked out fine. I sold one wood lot to pay off a mortgage on a house I built for one of my kids, and gave the other one to our town land trust. The latter was not a hard decision. I bought the woodlot to protect it. Giving it away simply added a surprise tax deduction to the mix.

However, based on these experiences, I've decided that one should only own property one is emotionally attached to. Therefore tell you friend to sell the damned house and go hike the trail. Twenty-two is far too young to be burdened with a house anyway.

Weary