[at-l] And now, for something completely different (OT)

At 01:55 PM 12/1/2004 -0500, Lilla Thompson wrote:
>Welp.  I just took the quickie version and came up ISFJ.  When I did the
>real test a few years ago, I was INFP.  Go figure.  But the only thing I
>scored strongly on both times was...you guessed it:  Introversion.
>I'm feeling judgmental--or, am I?

Don't confuse "judging" with being "judgmental". As it was explained to me,
judging refers to your way of quantifying. I.E. some people can do things
all day at work for which there is no visible result and *feel good* at the
end of the day about "all they've accomplished". They are "P"s or
perceptive. A "J" or judging person does better when they can see the
results of their work whether it be a pile of firewood split, a desk
cleared of paperwork or whatever.

One problem with these 'quickie' tests vs the full professionally
administered ones is that they don't fully explain the result thus leading
to misinterpretation by the subject. Here
<http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html> is a site that
give a slightly differnt take on the "J" vs "P" dimension (plus all the
others) which may make more sense. Scroll down for the descriptions.