[at-l] Catskills on my mind

In a message dated 11/9/2004 11:32:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
greyowl@rcn.com writes:
*
*
*
The Catskills.  Has anyone on the list done
extesnive hiking in the region.  I just want a short easy day
hike for possibly next weekend.  I understand that the trail
heads are difficult to find but the trails are very well
blazed.
*
*
*
         Would instantly recommend Overlook Mountain followed by a visit to
Katterskill Falls. The falls are a short walk from a road access. These falls
are located in a huge 60 yard bowl of sandstone undercut from under a harder
layer above making the falls fall into the bowl from above with 20 yards
clearance to the back of the bowl - which you can walk into on a rim trail. A MUST!

      Don't forget that the weather can change and snow there even at this
time of year...