[at-l] Catskills on my mind

In a message dated 11/9/04 11:32:00 Eastern Standard Time, greyowl@rcn.com
writes:

> The Catskills.  Has anyone on the list done
> extesnive hiking in the region.  I just want a short easy day
> hike for possibly next weekend.  I understand that the trail
> heads are difficult to find but the trails are very well
> blazed.

Drive to Phoenicia, NY and park at the State Park.  Follow the trail to the
Terrace Mountain Lean-to.  Walk out on the Terrace.  As you walk up toward the
Terrace from the Trailhead be sure to look to the left at the valley far
below.  I have seen it filled with deer -- the herd galloping toward who knows
where.  To make the hike a bit longer continue to Wittenburg Mt. and enjoy the
view from there.  A good day hike.

Skylander