[at-l] Hot mail issues

Ryan (and others),

I have a similar issue with Hot Mail with the Yahoo
Group I maintain for my outdoor group.

Here is the solution..will probably work for AT-L as
well. I imagine change any yahoo groups referene to
at-l@backcountry.net and whatever the e-mail is for
the digest. (I forget). This should probably be passed
on to Hotmail users.

Hope this helps.

*********
Hot To Fix the Hotmail Black Hole

Some people using hotmail can not receive our messages
unless they change their options. Since we send to
330+ people, hotmail thinks we are sending spam and
filters our message to your "Junk mail".  You need
to check you junk mail folder.

If there are no message from anyone in your "junk
mail" folder, then you probably have your junk mail
filter options set to "delete immediately" so you
never see the messages that hotmail filters.  Go
to the "options" tab on the top, then to the "mailing
lists" link.  You should add
chaos_emails@yahoogroups.com to your list of mailing
lists so that when you receive mail addressed to the
CHAOS list it will not be considered junk mail.

NOTE: Under options, there is both a "safe list" (list
of senders) section and a "mailing lists" (list of
receivers) section.  You need
to put chaos_emails@yahoogroups.com in the "mailing
lists" section, not the "safe list" section.  The
chaos_emails may not always come
from the same sending address.

If you do see the chaos_emails in your "junk mail"
folder, then you can select one of them and click the
"send these to my inbox - Add
this my mailing lists" button to add
chaos_emails@yahoogroups.com to
your mailing lists (end result is the same as the
above).

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com