[at-l] Sleeping Bags

true true-- durable water repellency refers to the fabric's ability to
make water bead on its surface instead of soaking in and killing off
the insulative value.  There are lots of ways to do this, but DWR
generally refers to soaking the fabric in a water-repellent chemical
during manufacturing.

A corollary (sp?) to this is that the DWR chemical treatment wears
off, especially when you wash the bag.  But you can buy DWR wash-in
treatments that restore, to varying degrees, the water repellency of
the fabric.

Hopdry