[at-l] Introduction (another one)

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've been a member since 1996. Following up
on something OrangeBug mentioned, I went looking for my first post
(expecting to be mildly embarrassed, at best). I found it in December, 1996,
apparently made after months of lurking. It was about being violently ill
while hiking. Hmm, nice memory, that.

Anyway, I'm a section hiker and wannabe thru-hiker, though the thru will
have to wait a few years, at least. I live with my family in the piedmont of
North Carolina, a couple of hours from a lot of great hiking in the Virginia
Highlands and the North Carolina/Tennessee border area. The last two
summers, I've managed to drag my family with me on my 2-week section hikes,
which have been a blast. I have about 400 miles of trail under my boots, and
my family has about half that. So we'll keep slowly chipping away at it.

I've enjoyed being a member of this list, even though I sometimes need to
trash several hundred list emails <grin>. (Not yours, Felix.) I have been
pleased and amazed by the sudden surge in on-topic posts, and I hope we can
keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Ken Bennett
Big Cranky