[at-l] Weary's one-stick post

High Gang,
	I hike with two Leki's.  I been using sticks since around 1996. They
almost never get in my way. I just let them hang from my wrists by the
straps when I need my hands for other jobs like taking pictures or
eating a snack. Even while negotiating steep hand over hand scrambles
I can usually just let them  hang ready to be used again with a flick
of the wrist.
	I noticed that a lot of folks only use their poles occasionally, like
for uphills or down hills etc. I use my sticks all the time while
hiking. I was really surprised when last year on a 100 mileish hike I
forgot my Leki's. Actually it was sort of nice dong something
different. I made it just fine without even picking up some sticks for
substitutions. :-) Still I plan not to forget them in the future.

chase