[at-l] Camping for the Gathering

In a message dated 9/26/04 12:51:12 Eastern Daylight Time, Slyatpct@aol.com
writes:

> A comment to Skylander in his response to this post.  As far as I can recall
> there have been no "drunken brawls" at the Gathering, ever.
>
> What appears to be the main contention, litter left on Monday morning, could

Sorry about giving the wrong impression.  I meant "loud and raucous
behavior."  At Storr's Pond there was provision for those who wanted to go late into
the night to have their circle and others gathered at the beach.  Those who
wanted nothing to do with either bonfire had places farther away to camp or
gathered around campfires at their campsites.

Drinking of liquor was done discreetly at the Beach Bonfire and perhaps less
so at the other one "up the hill."  If litter is a problem then that can
certainly be addressed and should be by those who caused it.  "Leave No Trace"
could be encouraged to a larger extent.

Me?  I am getting old and find that sleep is more welcomed than spending too
much time standing around a bonfire for too long.  But the hour or so spent
with new acquaintances at Storr's Pond was enjoyable.

Skylander