[at-l] Hiking Poles

--- camojack@comcast.net wrote:

> use 'em, I may as well have good ones. I like my
> Lekis, for a number of reasons, most (if not all) of

But if I hked X amount of miles on X trails, then the
ski poles musy be good, too, right? :-) As for being
older, may i remind you Weary uses a hiking staff.

As I said, people have been hiking/trekking/traveling
for millenia without anti-shock titanium carbide
espresso making poles.

Give the less expensive alternative a try for anyone
is new to these items. Worse case scenario, you spent
$10.

Again, I like to keep it simple. I have a few "big
ticket" items in my gear list (my sleeping bag for
example), but go less complicated when possible. I
carry a stoe made out of beer cans...why would I want
to carry a three section hiking pole?

Just point out an alternative that my work for more
people than realized.

Also, since we are in an acronym modd, I'll repaat
what I said before: Your Milage May Vary (YMMV). A
very useful acronym on outdoor forums. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com