[at-l] Your Thursday Stopping Point

Papa Bear's photo of the Knife Edge from the summit

http://gallery.backcountry.net/albums/papabear_2004_Katahdin/adu.sized.jpg

stopped the world for a few moments. Which is a good thing. I keep
going back to it. It deserves a second (or, first, or third) look.

The photo also recalled this poem.
Every one - everyone! - on this list knows of what Berry speaks, or we
wouldn't be here, or out there.

   "THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS"
     by Wendell Berry

When despair grows in me
and I wake in the middle of the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

SAY it, Wendell! Shoe

--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/