[at-l] Hiking Poles

--- Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> but bear in mind that I have a
> hearing problem so it
> may simply be that the sound is in the same
> frequency range as my hearing
> loss.

I thought anti-shock meant that lightning could strike
your poles while you were hiking but you'd still be
OK. ??? Am I missing something here?

Seriously, your e-mail reminded me that hearing loss
isn't always a bad thing when it spares us the
annoying little noises that bother other people. I'm
mostly deaf and have never noticed any noise from the
anti-shock (my poles are anti-shock). I like the
anti-shock. They have a more fluid feel, to me.
Particularly on the uphills. I get into a rhythm.

But I wouldn't recommend trying to use the anti-shock
poles as pogo sticks. It just doesn't work.

Lucky for me, I don't hear any clacking sound that the
poles make on rocks either. But then again, I don't
hear telephones or most fire alarms, so maybe I'm not
the person to comment on this ... :-)

Back to my mundane job ... 18 months till the PCT ...

Waterfall

=====
My Blog: http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com

My Book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0881505986/qid=1073309993//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl14/102-8182420-0202529?v=glance&s=books&n=507846