[at-l] Quote of the Day

We are blessed, we hikers.  rusty

Wonder in the Forest

It seemed as if I stood in the elder days. Ferns grew by the path. Old
rocks, heavy with moss, leafy trees and plants
a deluge of green. Small
wildflowers grew in abundance. The sky was deep blue. The air was still and
heavy. The rain had brought out a scent which reminded you of ancient
things. It was only a forest trail; but the stillness, deep as time, made me
feel like a spectator in another world. Or perhaps, that I was watched by
ancient eyes. Ancient voices laughing in drops of water from rock cliffs,
and saying, "Don't be hasty, creature of the Blessed One! Do you not have
time to wonder at God's Forest?"

I listened in the silence for awhile, and then slowly walked down the trail
to the road, thankful for the reminder of the many edges of God's creative
love.
from Messages by W. Spencer