[at-l] (no subject)

"Steve Adams" <stephensadams@hotmail.com> said:

>I expected something like this for almost forty years.  Probably, this is
>the reason I don?t feel any real sense of loss.  I mainly mourn the reaction
>of my country.  Our reaction is just as stupid as our willful ignorance, for
>at least forty years preceding this event, and it?s exactly what the
>terrorists wanted us to do.  Our reaction is also what I predicted to my
>wife at the gym, that morning of 9-11-01.

Amen.
They took so long because they don't really have all that many resources to do
much.  On 9/11 they were extremely lucky to do so "well." Neither the
terrorists nor the architects who designed the towers had any expectation they
would completely destroy those buildings.

Only teenaged boys think they are invulnerable and are free to "act tough" all
the time.  At some point, most of us grow up and realize that the best way to
avoid being attacked in the world is to act right.

I was at work when it happened and thought somebody was telling me a sick
joke--but I can't say I was surprised.

=====
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03