[at-l] Frances and Home Destruction

> I thought a lot of the channalization that the Corp had done way upstream
> was contributing to the erosion problem since it was starving the delta
> of replenishment silt. The Corp has been involved in a lot of disasterous
> projects. I don't know if it's their fault or they just do what
> politicians ask them to do without question.

That is only a 'problem' for the immediate delta.  Costal erosion in SE
Louisiana has little to do with that.  The real problem is that the Corps
stopped freshwater flow into the marsh, allowing salt water to intrude at
much greater levels.  Nothing lives in salt, so everything died.  Without
the plants and the trees, it just washes away.  I really will be happy to
take anyone on a tour of a holocaust that most people don't know happened.

> As a trivia question do you know what created the delta in the
> first place?

It's just a big washout.  ;)

Shane