[at-l] Frances and Home Destruction

It seems to me that most every place has its drawbacks.

I was born and raised at the confluence of the Ohio & Mississippi.  When they
closed the levee flood gates at high water, it was possible to shop downtown
and watch river barges going down stream-at a height way over my head.  The
area was also prone to tornados..

I lived in Michigan for two years.  Got snowed in for about 5 days one time;
some people had now power in the extreme cold.

In other places you can freeze to death, die from the heat, get blown away by
tornadoes, swept away by floods, be killed by an earthquake, burned by forest
fires, dry up--run out of water--in a drought, etc.

Do you have some little corner of the world you're recommending we all crowd
into?

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com