  From: Snodrog5@aol.com
  To: papabear.nyc@verizon.net ; at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 7:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Abol Bridge from Baxter Park Road

  In a message dated 8/20/2004 11:44:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, papabear.nyc@verizon.net writes:
  Hi PapaBear,
   Just tell the people at the store you're leaving a vehicle, they don't charge anything, but it's just being polite. You're dropping a car, and getting a ride to Monson? Very cool, that ride across the Golden Road and down through Greenville and aside Moosehead is a gem.

   The trail from the Abol Picnic area forks, one along highground to the Kiosk junction, and one that can be a little wetter but shorter. If you still have your trail legs, consider heading out of the Park via the Blueberry Ledges trail that starts behind the Birches. It's only a few years old, goes through some fine forest, past old burn, then at the old Park boundry follows an old jeep road as it descends to the Kiosk. There's talk it might be the new route of the AT someday.

   It's an easy hitch out of the Park and up to Abol Bridge if that what you decide to do.
  TJ