[at-l] What's Wrong with This Picture?

At 03:18 AM 8/20/2004 -0400, Shelly Hale wrote:
>The measures that "God" put in place to keep the environment naturally
>balanced keep being pushed farther and farther back in the scope of natural
>selection.  Now...don't get me wrong...I hate to be sick or in pain, so I'm
>thankful for medical miracles and not having to worry so much about being a
>snack for something in the everyday way of things.
>
>I'm just sayin'.....

One of the measures that "God" (or nature if you prefer) put in place to
keep the environment in balance was our brains. It helps us protect
ourselves from the stuff that would otherwise push us to the bottom of the
food chain or make us extinct and can, if we use them, keep us from making
ourselves extinct.