[at-l] REALLY OT - Political.

Steve Adams wrote:

> I use ?reference? and the information which follows that term to
> identify the post to which I?m responding.
>
> My habit carried over from years of report writing. You needed to
> specify precisely to which previous report and what other information
> you were referring.
>
> My post, not to be referenced, I hope you know to which one I?m
> referring, was intended to be humorous.

I agree with Steve A....it is nice to know what people are responding
to. Way too many times I get e-mails from (especially AOLer??) people
and I have no idea what they are referring to...or, talking about. I
also have a rule...I won't read an e-mail if I can't tell who is saying
what. If I'm confused about who the writer is after two lines, I delete.
My arm is too tired to itch.