[at-l] Cell Phones - Yawn

At 02:40 PM 6/28/2004 -0400, ellen wrote:
>You think cell phones are harmless to the wilderness. That's because you
>don't understand the nature of "wildness" and its role in the
>"preservation of the world."
>
>Perhaps it's like jazz, "If you have to ask, you won't understand."
>
>Weary

Get off it Weary. Not everyone who understands the role of wildness agrees
with you on every issue and not everyone who agrees with you understands
wildness the same way you do. If you *really* want to experience wildness
you could ask Shane for lessons on hiking naked and do the survival bit
carrying nothing but a knife, fishhook and a bit of string.

We all make concessions to comfort and civilization when we go into the
woods. Just because someone else's concessions are different from yours
doesn't mean "they don't understand" and FWIW, I don't recall asking.

Saunterer